BTEC Business Extended Certificate
What do I need?
5 GCSEs at grade C/5 or above, including Mathematics and English Language.
Why study BTEC National in Business?
BTEC Business offers students a broad and varied approach to multiple disciplines within business. You will develop important skills which can be used within the business world, but which are equally transferrable to any employment pathway you choose. You will study various aspects of marketing and finance, including personal finance. In the diploma, you can manage an event and develop greater understanding of international businesses. The qualification is mainly coursework based with only one exam, meaning it allows students to be assessed in a variety of ways to ensure they reach their desired grade.
The course is designed to promote active learning and achievement. Independent research is encouraged with students actively contacting local businesses and carrying out independent investigations. Students take part in practical business activities and will be expected to supplement their classroom work by reading around the particular unit of study. It includes visits to Yorkshire Wildlife Park and the Coca Cola factory.
What Will I study?
Mandatory units for the Extended Certificate:
• Exploring Business
• Developing a Marketing Campaign
• Personal and Business Finance
• One optional Unit
How I will be assessed?
The new BTEC national will assess you in three ways:
• Assignments - You will complete a series of tasks set in a work-related scenario and produce a portfolio of evidence.
• Task - In controlled conditions, you will complete a practical task tackling an everyday challenge.
• Written exam - You will draw on essential information to create written answers to practical questions in test conditions
Where can it lead?
A BTEC National in Business can lead to a wide range of careers or university options, including:
• Marketing Manager
• Events Management
• Financial Services